Jul 5, 2007

Week 14 - More studies

Mika and Samuli said that the water they got from the faucet was all white on Tuesday morning when I got back to Kitami. I was happy to find out that the dorm suffered no problems whatsoever regarding the water issue. However, since Mika and Samuli couldn't even go to shower, we decided to go to onsen. A few other people had done the same decision as well, which resulted in really cramped pools of hot water and even more people than usual staring at us.

I also begun working on my project for Tampere University of Technology, finally. The project is a kanji writing system, not so much about recognition as much it is about learning how to write correctly (although the recognition obviously plays a big role in this). I had received the go for the assignment a long while back but didn't just begin working on it. I still have many months to write the documents, though - until April. I hope to finish most of this project, too, at least the documentation part, by the start of summer vacation. The programming can be done any time with the documentation finished, anyway.

On the weekend, it rained once again on Friday. I put my alarm clock on for early morning to leave by bicycle in case it didn't rain, but just glancing through the window made me change my mind.

No comments: